Not all party food has to be all junk food all the time. Here’s some healthy choices for your party guests.
1. Watermelon. Cut it in wedges, cube it, ball it, put it on skewers, put a popsicle stick in it, have a watermelon seed spitting contest….or not, maybe it’s just my family that does that. A perfect treat for a warm summer day.
2. Jam Sandwiches. Nearly ever kid loves jam sandwiches. Pretty them up by cutting off the crusts, wrap a pretty napkin or paper and tie with some ribbon or bakers twine.
3. Ham Roll-ups. A little ham, a little white cheese all rolled up nice and neat in a tortilla for an easy grab and go sandwich.
4. Strawberries and Raspberries. Who can resists these little bites of sweetness. We only get them a couple months a year, enjoy them while you can!
5. Bagels with Strawberry Cream Cheese. Bagels are great anytime of day. Use mini-bagels to keep it bite-size and easy to eat.
6. Lemon Ice Cubes. Imagine some pink lemonade with frozen lemon slices floating in it. Thinly slice lemons, place 1-2 in each space of a muffin tin, fill with water and freeze.